BayWa r.e. España S.L.U. offers technical and commercial management services of wind and solar farms and develops turnkey self-consumption systems for commercial and industrial customers. BayWa r.e. España is one of the most important service providers in the country, servicing several renewable energy plants in the Iberian Peninsula and the Spanish Islands.
What You Will Do
- Perform day-to-day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts payable data.
- Reconcile the accounts payable ledgers to ensure all the invoices and payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Bookkeeping other transactions such as accruals, prepayments, accounts receivable, among others.
- Manage the fixed asset register (record newly acquired fixed assets, record depreciation and disposals).
- Ensure compliance with financial reporting deadlines and review journal entries, balances, and other financial statement line items.
- Perform month-end closing journals to ensure high-quality financial data and review management accounts.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of tax returns, including monthly and quarterly VAT, WHT and other similar returns.
- Collaborate with Tax Specialists to ensure compliance with direct and indirect tax regulations.
- Identify, investigate, and resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities to ensure accuracy.
- Continuously evaluate and improve accounting processes to drive efficiency.
- Assist with the year-end audit and other internal and external audits.
- Respond to ad-hoc queries and coordinate reporting processes with other departments and functions as required.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or auditing.
- Minimum of 2/3 years of relevant experience in multinational companies and/or auditing/accounting consulting firms.
- Knowledge of Spanish GAAP and IFRS (desirable).
- Knowledge of different ERP systems would be a plus
- Good knowledge of Excel and MS Office.
- Knowledge in Tax return, Spanish tax return will be a plus
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- Ability to prioritize and to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner.
- Eye for detail, and accuracy is imperative.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative.
What We Are Ready To Offer You
- Part-time employment that can lead to a full-time employment
- Possibility of remote work
- Flexible schedule
- 27 day vacation
- 24.12. and 31.12. holidays
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible compensation
- Smartphone, also for private use
Is This Role The Right Fit For You?
At BayWa r.e. we cherish the diversity of our people and are dedicated to providing an inclusive environment of mutual respect. We aim to create equal opportunities for all applicants and colleagues.
We welcome everyone and do not discriminate based on origin, religion, social, cultural, or ethnic background, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
We look forward to your application!
If you have any questions about the job offer, please get in contact with us.